England deserved to be denied victory
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that England deserved not winning the last Ashes Test at The Oval because they themselves had done their best to kill the match with a cynical mixture of slow over rates and snail-paced batting.
According to news.com.au, England captain Alastair Cook was correct to suggest Australia should be `credited a little bit` for turning a lifeless Test into a match befitting the occasion.
The report said, however, that had England achieved the target of 217 runs in 44 overs, no doubt some would have criticized Clarke `s declaration as overly generous.
England still had to be praised for their clinical 3-0 win, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today