England deserved to be denied victory
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that England deserved not winning the last Ashes Test at The Oval because they themselves had done their best to kill the match with a cynical mixture of slow over rates and snail-paced batting.
According to news.com.au, England captain Alastair Cook was correct to suggest Australia should be `credited a little bit` for turning a lifeless Test into a match befitting the occasion.
The report said, however, that had England achieved the target of 217 runs in 44 overs, no doubt some would have criticized Clarke `s declaration as overly generous.
England still had to be praised for their clinical 3-0 win, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself