England leapfrogs India to 2nd place in ICC Test ranking
Dubai: A draw in the fifth and final Test of Ashes series helped England leapfrog India to move into second position in the latest ICC Test Team Ranking chart, which is still headed by South Africa.
England entered the series in third position with 112 ratings points. However, after taking a 3-0 lead in the five-Test series, it needed either a draw or a win to move ahead of India into second position.
The draw resulted in England joining India on 116 ratings points. However, England is ranked above India when the ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point.
Losing the Ashes 0-3, Australia moved down to fifth place, its lowest since August 2011.
If Australia had recorded a consolation victory in the final Test, it would have stopped England from leapfrogging India; however, Australia would have still dropped down in the rankings.
Australia dropped four ratings points to drop below Pakistan into fifth place, on 101 ratings points --one behind Pakistan and two ahead of sixth-ranked West Indies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!