England leapfrogs India to 2nd place in ICC Test ranking
Dubai: A draw in the fifth and final Test of Ashes series helped England leapfrog India to move into second position in the latest ICC Test Team Ranking chart, which is still headed by South Africa.
England entered the series in third position with 112 ratings points. However, after taking a 3-0 lead in the five-Test series, it needed either a draw or a win to move ahead of India into second position.
The draw resulted in England joining India on 116 ratings points. However, England is ranked above India when the ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point.
Losing the Ashes 0-3, Australia moved down to fifth place, its lowest since August 2011.
If Australia had recorded a consolation victory in the final Test, it would have stopped England from leapfrogging India; however, Australia would have still dropped down in the rankings.
Australia dropped four ratings points to drop below Pakistan into fifth place, on 101 ratings points --one behind Pakistan and two ahead of sixth-ranked West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why