England`s Ashes victory `lacked drama`
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that the recently concluded Ashes series in England has been one of the less entertaining ones, and was not in a position to attract millions, as was the case with 20-over cricket and the Indian Premier League.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, England did not actually win the Ashes but Australia gave it away in crucial moments.
The report said that a five-Test series should be played on five different stages to maximize the drama and public interest, adding that playing every match on the same sort of surface has resulted in a boring victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway