Girl faints at Alastair Cook`s PC
London: England captain Alastair Cook was left wide-eyed and stunned after a girl fainted in the room where he was addressing a press conference here, prompting him to quip about the "impact" he would make in the ongoing Ashes series.
As he elaborated on his team`s plans for the second Test against Australia here, Cook was left shocked as he witnessed a girl collapse in the press conference room of the Lord`s.
The stunned England skipper uttered a swear word before calling out for medical assistance to the girl. He stood at the stage as the girl was attended to before going ahead with the remaining press conference.
"Is she alright?" he asked before settling down to resume the interaction with the media.
The star player took off his cap and burst into a laughter as he tried to make sense of the unexpected drama at a routine affair.
"It`s unbelievable isn`t it? There you have got your piece, you are just going to write about that now, aren`t you?" he said as journalists present in the room shared a laugh with him.
"I must be boring," joked the affable England skipper.
He later apologised for swearing during the press conference which was being telecast live. England lead the Ashes 1-0 after beating Australia by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot