Girl faints at Alastair Cook`s PC
London: England captain Alastair Cook was left wide-eyed and stunned after a girl fainted in the room where he was addressing a press conference here, prompting him to quip about the "impact" he would make in the ongoing Ashes series.
As he elaborated on his team`s plans for the second Test against Australia here, Cook was left shocked as he witnessed a girl collapse in the press conference room of the Lord`s.
The stunned England skipper uttered a swear word before calling out for medical assistance to the girl. He stood at the stage as the girl was attended to before going ahead with the remaining press conference.
"Is she alright?" he asked before settling down to resume the interaction with the media.
The star player took off his cap and burst into a laughter as he tried to make sense of the unexpected drama at a routine affair.
"It`s unbelievable isn`t it? There you have got your piece, you are just going to write about that now, aren`t you?" he said as journalists present in the room shared a laugh with him.
"I must be boring," joked the affable England skipper.
He later apologised for swearing during the press conference which was being telecast live. England lead the Ashes 1-0 after beating Australia by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur