Girl faints at Alastair Cook`s PC
London: England captain Alastair Cook was left wide-eyed and stunned after a girl fainted in the room where he was addressing a press conference here, prompting him to quip about the "impact" he would make in the ongoing Ashes series.
As he elaborated on his team`s plans for the second Test against Australia here, Cook was left shocked as he witnessed a girl collapse in the press conference room of the Lord`s.
The stunned England skipper uttered a swear word before calling out for medical assistance to the girl. He stood at the stage as the girl was attended to before going ahead with the remaining press conference.
"Is she alright?" he asked before settling down to resume the interaction with the media.
The star player took off his cap and burst into a laughter as he tried to make sense of the unexpected drama at a routine affair.
"It`s unbelievable isn`t it? There you have got your piece, you are just going to write about that now, aren`t you?" he said as journalists present in the room shared a laugh with him.
"I must be boring," joked the affable England skipper.
He later apologised for swearing during the press conference which was being telecast live. England lead the Ashes 1-0 after beating Australia by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster