Harper backs `beleaguered` Dar as still amongst the best in business
Islamabad: Former ICC umpire Daryl Harper has said that Aleem Dar is still one of the best umpires in the sport, even as the Pakistani draws severe criticism for his decisions in the Ashes first Test at Trent Bridge.
Harper opined that Dar lost the plot only for a moment and if the reviews were taken out of players` hands and given to the umpires, the game could also be delayed unnecessarily.
However, Harper said that for the sake of the game, the review controls could be handed to the umpires because the current system resembled a dog`s breakfast.
Harper also praised India for its stance on the Decision Review System , a report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar