Harper backs `beleaguered` Dar as still amongst the best in business
Islamabad: Former ICC umpire Daryl Harper has said that Aleem Dar is still one of the best umpires in the sport, even as the Pakistani draws severe criticism for his decisions in the Ashes first Test at Trent Bridge.
Harper opined that Dar lost the plot only for a moment and if the reviews were taken out of players` hands and given to the umpires, the game could also be delayed unnecessarily.
However, Harper said that for the sake of the game, the review controls could be handed to the umpires because the current system resembled a dog`s breakfast.
Harper also praised India for its stance on the Decision Review System , a report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test