It`s raining Ashton`s for Oz ahead of Old Trafford Test!
Sydney: Another Australian youngster and a namesake of Ashes star Ashton Agar has reportedly been named in the Australian squad for their tour match against Sussex at Hove starting on Friday.
According to Sydney Morning Herald, a week after Agar`s thrilling Test debut at Trent Bridge, 20-year-old Ashton Turner has been picked to make his first-class debut against the English county side and will join Nathan Lyon and Agar as one of three spinners in the XI, to be captained by Ed Cowan.
The report further said that Turner, along with his fellow Australian Institute of Sport student Travis Head, has been selected given that Australia is light on the numbers with a host of players including captain Michael Clarke, openers Shane Watson and Chris Rogers, vice-captain Brad Haddin and bowlers Peter Siddle and Ryan Harris.
According to the report, the right-arm orthodox was a member of Australia`s under-19 team that was runner-up to India at the World Cup last year and along with Head has travelled to and from their English summer placement at Hampshire.
While Agar and Lyon will compete for a place at Old Trafford, fast bowlers Mitchell Starc, James Faulkner and Jackson Bird all in the team and are hoping to be named as the replacement for the injured James Pattinson.
Australian team to play Sussex: Ed Cowan (c), Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade, Faulkner, Agar, Turner, Starc, Lyon, Bird. 12th man: Head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video