James Anderson says England `lucky` to have defeated Australia 3-0 in summer Ashes
London: England pace spearhead James Anderson has said he believes that his side was lucky to have won the summer Ashes series 3-0, adding that they will need to play much better to claim victory in the return series in Australia, starting this November.
According to the Mirror, the Lancashire swing bowler said that there were some very `tight` Tests during the summer Ashes which could have gone either way, adding that the result might easily have been 2-1 to Australia.
Anderson further said he does not think that England played their best and was surprised when his side won the series 3-0, and reiterated his stance that England needs to improve from their summer performance if they want to retain the urn in Australia this winter.
Anderson also said that he does not have the time to get to know the Australians ahead of the winter Ashes series as this `faux relationship` does not mean a lot to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars