James Anderson wants to play in Ashes finale to regain top form
Sydney: England star James Anderson has said that he wants to play in the final Ashes Test at The Oval starting on Wednesday to finish what he started and get back to the form that he would like.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, even though the match would not change the fact that England have won the Ashes and Anderson seems in need of a rest, the strike bowler feels he has unfinished business in this series and a point to prove ahead of the return Ashes in the summer.
Anderson took 10 wickets in a match-winning performance in the first Test at Trent Bridge but since then he has struggled to back that effort up and in the fourth Test at Chester-le-Street he particularly lacked the sting, the report said.
Despite being the undisputed leader of the England attack, Anderson has the worst bowling average in the side, going at 31.11 with 17 wickets, the report added.
The bowler said that it was pretty impossible to perform at 100 percent in every match, but it wanted to make him want to play this week to find out what has been missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why