James Faulkner says `replacing` Shane Watson in Oz Test team `way off`
Sydney: Australian cricketer James Faulkner has said that believing experienced all-rounder Shane Watson is way off in his career despite doing well with his left-arm bowling and clean hitting.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Faulkner could come into calculations for the Gabba if Watson`s troublesome hamstring rules him out.
He said that down the track, it would be a great role to be able to fill and play an important role in Australian cricket but at present Watson was a pretty good player.
Faulkner will tune up for the first Test, if needed, in Tasmania`s Sheffield Shield clash with Victoria beginning at Bellerive on Thursday, having been rested from the last match, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore