Johnson `happy with form` ahead of first Ashes Test in Brisbane
London: Australian Test bowler Mitchell Johnson has said that he feels confident going into the Ashes after losing the trust in his ability for a little bit, also because of some personal problems.
According to the Guardian, Australia`s gamble is that Johnson can channel his limited-overs form of the past two months; he even shook up India `s top brass on the slovenly surfaces of the subcontinent, into the sustained periods demanded by Test cricket.
Johnson said that he was not expecting to be bowling that kind of pace, adding that it certainly was not the plan but bounce has always been the key for him.
He further said that being part of an Ashes-winning team is definitely a factor in wanting to get back into Test cricket but he is not going to stress about it, adding that when he first went to England for the Ashes, he pumped it up a little bit too much.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read