Johnson `happy with form` ahead of first Ashes Test in Brisbane
London: Australian Test bowler Mitchell Johnson has said that he feels confident going into the Ashes after losing the trust in his ability for a little bit, also because of some personal problems.
According to the Guardian, Australia`s gamble is that Johnson can channel his limited-overs form of the past two months; he even shook up India `s top brass on the slovenly surfaces of the subcontinent, into the sustained periods demanded by Test cricket.
Johnson said that he was not expecting to be bowling that kind of pace, adding that it certainly was not the plan but bounce has always been the key for him.
He further said that being part of an Ashes-winning team is definitely a factor in wanting to get back into Test cricket but he is not going to stress about it, adding that when he first went to England for the Ashes, he pumped it up a little bit too much.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!