Johnson `happy with form` ahead of first Ashes Test in Brisbane
London: Australian Test bowler Mitchell Johnson has said that he feels confident going into the Ashes after losing the trust in his ability for a little bit, also because of some personal problems.
According to the Guardian, Australia`s gamble is that Johnson can channel his limited-overs form of the past two months; he even shook up India `s top brass on the slovenly surfaces of the subcontinent, into the sustained periods demanded by Test cricket.
Johnson said that he was not expecting to be bowling that kind of pace, adding that it certainly was not the plan but bounce has always been the key for him.
He further said that being part of an Ashes-winning team is definitely a factor in wanting to get back into Test cricket but he is not going to stress about it, adding that when he first went to England for the Ashes, he pumped it up a little bit too much.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation