Johnson says still has `lot to offer` in Test cricket
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has said he feels that he still has a lot to offer in Test cricket even though he has got only a few years left as a fast bowler.
Although Johnson was not deemed worthy of one of five pace spots for the Test tour of England in the summer, his menacing form during the India ODIs, which has been halted by unseasonal rain, has placed him on the cusp of a recall for the home Ashes.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Johnson said that he was motivated by his axing from the squad playing in the summer Ashes, adding that it forced him to realise his fears and egged him to work harder, which is evident in his performance in India.
Johnson also said that as he had missed out on an entire year of cricket, he feels that he has got a `little bit extra` than the other bowlers, adding that he feels like he still has a lot to offer to the game even though he has only a few years left.
Johnson further said that he has stopped listening to his critics and has started trusting himself more than he did in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video