Johnson says still has `lot to offer` in Test cricket
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has said he feels that he still has a lot to offer in Test cricket even though he has got only a few years left as a fast bowler.
Although Johnson was not deemed worthy of one of five pace spots for the Test tour of England in the summer, his menacing form during the India ODIs, which has been halted by unseasonal rain, has placed him on the cusp of a recall for the home Ashes.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Johnson said that he was motivated by his axing from the squad playing in the summer Ashes, adding that it forced him to realise his fears and egged him to work harder, which is evident in his performance in India.
Johnson also said that as he had missed out on an entire year of cricket, he feels that he has got a `little bit extra` than the other bowlers, adding that he feels like he still has a lot to offer to the game even though he has only a few years left.
Johnson further said that he has stopped listening to his critics and has started trusting himself more than he did in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test