Jonathan Trott says has `ironed out` technical `flaws` ahead of winter Ashes
Sydney: England batsman Jonathan Trott has insisted that he has `ironed out` his `technical flaws`, which he admitted were the cause behind his lack of productivity during the summer Ashes series.
The former South African under-19 batsman was noticeably unsettled by the Australians in England, which restricted him to a series average of just 29.
However, News.com.au reports that ahead of England`s match against Australia A, Trott said that he has hopefully ironed out his technical flaws, although he added that just because he got a low average does not mean that he is disappointed, as he still had contributed in some important partnerships during the series, which England won 3-0.
Stating that it was just a perception that he failed to handle the short ball during the last Ashes series, Trott further said that bowlers will continue to bowl short balls and yorkers to opposing batsmen to get them out, adding that he got out more to full balls than short balls.
Trott also said that he has good memories of being in Australia so he is not particularly worried about anything specifically delivery-wise, although he added that he needs to get his game in focus and develop more confidence.
After a debut century during the last Test at The Oval in 2009, which won England the Ashes, Trott averaged 89 on his previous tour of Australia three years ago, which was the first Ashes loss to England in Australia for 24 years, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days