Kevin Pietersen joins England teammates in Perth
London: England batsman Kevin Pietersen has joined up with his teammates in Perth after arriving late via South Africa, as he attended a memorial service for a late friend of his before heading to Australia for the Ashes series.
According to the Mirror, the batsman was allowed compassionate leave following the death of a friend but is now with Andy Flower`s squad in Perth.
His winter`s work will also include the World T20 tournament in Bangladesh , where he should be in full kit with a bat in his hand rather than in the TV studio acting as a pundit, the report said.
England are drawn against New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka in their group, plus another qualifier, which could be seen as a slightly easier group by virtue of missing current champions the West Indies plus India and Australia, the report added.
England will play all their group matches in Chittagong with the first match against the Kiwis on March 22, and the final on April 6, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva