Kevin Pietersen joins England teammates in Perth
London: England batsman Kevin Pietersen has joined up with his teammates in Perth after arriving late via South Africa, as he attended a memorial service for a late friend of his before heading to Australia for the Ashes series.
According to the Mirror, the batsman was allowed compassionate leave following the death of a friend but is now with Andy Flower`s squad in Perth.
His winter`s work will also include the World T20 tournament in Bangladesh , where he should be in full kit with a bat in his hand rather than in the TV studio acting as a pundit, the report said.
England are drawn against New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka in their group, plus another qualifier, which could be seen as a slightly easier group by virtue of missing current champions the West Indies plus India and Australia, the report added.
England will play all their group matches in Chittagong with the first match against the Kiwis on March 22, and the final on April 6, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire