Kevin Pietersen`s Ashes departure delayed
London: Kevin Pietersen will not fly out to Australia with the rest of the England squad on Wednesday as he has been granted compassionate leave following the death of a friend, an England and Wales Cricket Board spokeswoman told reporters at Heathrow Airport.
However, officials expect the star batsman will arrive in Perth on Sunday, October 27, shortly after the rest of the 17-man party have touched down in Western Australia.
Pietersen is set to be available for England`s first warm-up game against Western Australia at Perth, which begins on October 31.
England will be bidding for a fourth successive Ashes series win when they face Australia in a five-match series starting with next month`s first Test in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj