Kevin Pietersen`s Ashes departure delayed
London: Kevin Pietersen will not fly out to Australia with the rest of the England squad on Wednesday as he has been granted compassionate leave following the death of a friend, an England and Wales Cricket Board spokeswoman told reporters at Heathrow Airport.
However, officials expect the star batsman will arrive in Perth on Sunday, October 27, shortly after the rest of the 17-man party have touched down in Western Australia.
Pietersen is set to be available for England`s first warm-up game against Western Australia at Perth, which begins on October 31.
England will be bidding for a fourth successive Ashes series win when they face Australia in a five-match series starting with next month`s first Test in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre