Kevin Pietersen`s Ashes departure delayed
London: Kevin Pietersen will not fly out to Australia with the rest of the England squad on Wednesday as he has been granted compassionate leave following the death of a friend, an England and Wales Cricket Board spokeswoman told reporters at Heathrow Airport.
However, officials expect the star batsman will arrive in Perth on Sunday, October 27, shortly after the rest of the 17-man party have touched down in Western Australia.
Pietersen is set to be available for England`s first warm-up game against Western Australia at Perth, which begins on October 31.
England will be bidding for a fourth successive Ashes series win when they face Australia in a five-match series starting with next month`s first Test in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army