Kevin Pietersen to miss rest of second Ashes Test
London: England batsman Kevin Pietersen will miss the rest of the second Ashes Test against Australia due to a calf injury, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Saturday.
"Kevin Pietersen will not take to the field for the remainder of the second Investec Ashes Test with a scan today showing he has a left calf strain," it said in a statement.
"Kevin will continue to be monitored and he will be assessed ahead of the third Test commencing Thursday 1 August."
England, who won the first Test, took command of the second test on the third day on Saturday as they established an overall lead of 566 with six sessions remaining.
Pietersen was out for two in the first innings and five in the second in the second Test at Lord`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US
- British Council employee under fire over Prince George remarks
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement