Kevin Pietersen to miss rest of second Ashes Test
London: England batsman Kevin Pietersen will miss the rest of the second Ashes Test against Australia due to a calf injury, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Saturday.
"Kevin Pietersen will not take to the field for the remainder of the second Investec Ashes Test with a scan today showing he has a left calf strain," it said in a statement.
"Kevin will continue to be monitored and he will be assessed ahead of the third Test commencing Thursday 1 August."
England, who won the first Test, took command of the second test on the third day on Saturday as they established an overall lead of 566 with six sessions remaining.
Pietersen was out for two in the first innings and five in the second in the second Test at Lord`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption