Lehmann seeks Oz `cricket brains` help to counter batting woes before winter Ashes
Johannesburg: Australian coach Darren Lehmann has reportedly sought the advice of some of the country`s top cricket `brains` to discuss ways of improving the team`s weakened batting skills before the return Ashes series against England.
Lehmann discussed with a group of 20 former Test stars including Justin Langer, Greg and Ian Chappell , Ricky Ponting, Tom Moody and all the state coaches to seek solutions to the Test team`s batting inconsistency and put England under pressure from the first Test at Brisbane`s Gabba ground, starting on November 21.
According to Sport24, Lehmann said that he wanted to get the views of some former greats of the game so that he can find ways to improve the ability of Australian batsmen to occupy the crease for long innings, adding that the players in the forum have more experience than him in such matters.
Lehmann has stayed home from Australia`s current limited-overs tour to India to monitor the progress of players in the domestic one-day cup and also to plan the return series against England, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video