Lyon says Gabba pitch `not just for quicks` but also spin-friendly
Sydney: Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that he does not understand the fascination with going for an all-pace attack on the Gabba wicket and hopes captain Michael Clarke is of the same mind.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lyon pointed out that it amazed him how many people talked about the four quicks and his theory was that if it seams, it spins as well.
Clarke would only say he`d leave his final selection until he`d seen the Gabba wicket when asked about choosing four quicks for next week`s Ashes opener against England at the Australian team selection on Monday, the report said.
Lyon, who has 85 wickets at 33.23 from his 25 Tests, also has a solid record at the Gabba in his two Test appearances at the venue, the report added.
He said that to be able to play a vital role in an Ashes game was pretty exciting, adding that hopefully he can get a bit more bounce out of the pitch there and create a few chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?