Lyon says Gabba pitch `not just for quicks` but also spin-friendly
Sydney: Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that he does not understand the fascination with going for an all-pace attack on the Gabba wicket and hopes captain Michael Clarke is of the same mind.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lyon pointed out that it amazed him how many people talked about the four quicks and his theory was that if it seams, it spins as well.
Clarke would only say he`d leave his final selection until he`d seen the Gabba wicket when asked about choosing four quicks for next week`s Ashes opener against England at the Australian team selection on Monday, the report said.
Lyon, who has 85 wickets at 33.23 from his 25 Tests, also has a solid record at the Gabba in his two Test appearances at the venue, the report added.
He said that to be able to play a vital role in an Ashes game was pretty exciting, adding that hopefully he can get a bit more bounce out of the pitch there and create a few chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report