Lyon says Gabba pitch `not just for quicks` but also spin-friendly
Sydney: Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that he does not understand the fascination with going for an all-pace attack on the Gabba wicket and hopes captain Michael Clarke is of the same mind.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lyon pointed out that it amazed him how many people talked about the four quicks and his theory was that if it seams, it spins as well.
Clarke would only say he`d leave his final selection until he`d seen the Gabba wicket when asked about choosing four quicks for next week`s Ashes opener against England at the Australian team selection on Monday, the report said.
Lyon, who has 85 wickets at 33.23 from his 25 Tests, also has a solid record at the Gabba in his two Test appearances at the venue, the report added.
He said that to be able to play a vital role in an Ashes game was pretty exciting, adding that hopefully he can get a bit more bounce out of the pitch there and create a few chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why