Martyn asks `confused` Oz players to `refocus on Test cricket`
London: Former Australian Test batsman Damien Martyn has called on his country`s young cricketers to reassess their priorities, after a number of Australia`s former international players voiced concern for the future strength of the long form of the game Down Under.
Martyn, who is working as a television commentator during the Ashes series said players needed to be making thousands of runs in Shield cricket and take so many wickets to be able to get a chance to play for Australia.
The report said that Martyn picked out Joe Root as an example of England managing to develop players who have retained an ability to bat for long periods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends