Martyn says Australia would miss legend Hussey during Ashes
London: Former Australian batsman Damien Martyn has said that the Australian team would miss the services of batsman Mike Hussey, who has retired from all forms of international cricket.
The former batsman thinks that the absence of the Perth left-hander had left a huge gap in the tourists` batting line-up, but the current Ashes series was a great opportunity for some of the rookie batsman to seize their moment.
Hussey had averaged 51 in 79 Tests, which put him in the top ten in Australian history and gave him the title of ` Mister Cricket,` the report said.
The Australians have also had to deal with the retirement of Ricky Ponting , exposing a fairly young team that was still maturing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH