Martyn says Australia would miss legend Hussey during Ashes
London: Former Australian batsman Damien Martyn has said that the Australian team would miss the services of batsman Mike Hussey, who has retired from all forms of international cricket.
The former batsman thinks that the absence of the Perth left-hander had left a huge gap in the tourists` batting line-up, but the current Ashes series was a great opportunity for some of the rookie batsman to seize their moment.
Hussey had averaged 51 in 79 Tests, which put him in the top ten in Australian history and gave him the title of ` Mister Cricket,` the report said.
The Australians have also had to deal with the retirement of Ricky Ponting , exposing a fairly young team that was still maturing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot