Martyn says Australia would miss legend Hussey during Ashes
London: Former Australian batsman Damien Martyn has said that the Australian team would miss the services of batsman Mike Hussey, who has retired from all forms of international cricket.
The former batsman thinks that the absence of the Perth left-hander had left a huge gap in the tourists` batting line-up, but the current Ashes series was a great opportunity for some of the rookie batsman to seize their moment.
Hussey had averaged 51 in 79 Tests, which put him in the top ten in Australian history and gave him the title of ` Mister Cricket,` the report said.
The Australians have also had to deal with the retirement of Ricky Ponting , exposing a fairly young team that was still maturing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof