Matt Prior says Ashes series win would be `defining point of career`
London: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has said that helping England to a fourth successive Ashes series victory would be the biggest thing in his career.
According to the BBC, Prior pointed out that those days when the team used to think that they were going to Australia again, and were going to get beaten up, was gone.
He said that the plan was to go over there, win and win well.
Having recovered from the humiliation of a 5-0 whitewash in 2006-07, England regained the Ashes in 2009 and on their last visit down under three years ago claimed their first victory on Australian soil since 1986-87, the report said.
He added that the experience of beating Australia in 2010-11 was hugely important and he looked back at the memories of travelling to Australia, adding that they were all great memories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area