McGrath hails Clarke as `fine captain` despite not being `a nerd` like Steve Waugh
London: Former Australian Test bowler Glenn McGrath has said that even though Oz captain Michael Clarke is not a nerd like Steve Waugh, he is still a fine captain, and when he scores big runs, the team does well.
In his column published in The Guardian, McGrath said that when he played in the Australian team, all the captains were nerds including Allan Border, Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting, but Michael Clarke was a Julio, who are used to having perfect hair, right gear and nice appearances.
The former player said that Clarke may be a very modern guy and a metro-sexual but on the field he played tough and also expected the best from his teammates including himself.
McGrath said that Clarke had been helped with the company of Ponting, Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden at the time he started playing and that made a huge difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack