McGrath hails Clarke as `fine captain` despite not being `a nerd` like Steve Waugh
London: Former Australian Test bowler Glenn McGrath has said that even though Oz captain Michael Clarke is not a nerd like Steve Waugh, he is still a fine captain, and when he scores big runs, the team does well.
In his column published in The Guardian, McGrath said that when he played in the Australian team, all the captains were nerds including Allan Border, Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting, but Michael Clarke was a Julio, who are used to having perfect hair, right gear and nice appearances.
The former player said that Clarke may be a very modern guy and a metro-sexual but on the field he played tough and also expected the best from his teammates including himself.
McGrath said that Clarke had been helped with the company of Ponting, Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden at the time he started playing and that made a huge difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred