Michael Clarke`s Ashes misery `sign of worry`
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke looked shattered at his post-match conference after his side lost yet another one-sided Test Match to England by 347 runs, very different from the last Ashes Test at Trent Bridge where the margin was just 14 runs.
When Clarke was asked if he intended to emulate the last Australian captain to endure six defeats in a row, he cracked a grim smile, adding that every team he had been part of had lost and it was extremely tough.
Clarke added that it was personal when someone was the captain of the team but he felt the same when he was just a player and they lost.
The Australian batting problems were laid bare when the tourists were bowled out for 128 in the first innings littered with self-inflicted dismissals with Clarke saying he was as responsible as others, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble