Mitchell Johnson`s ODI performance improves his Test prospects, says Michael Clarke
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke believes Test selectors will find it difficult to ignore Mitchell Johnson from a return in the summer Ashes if he continues to do well in the one-day matches against England.
According to news.com.au, Johnson was again between Australia`s best players in the 88-run ODI win over England in Manchester.
He bowled with great pace and movement to finish with 2-36 from 10 overs, including dismissing Michael Carberry and Jonathan Trott in the space of three balls, the report said.
After being overlooked for the recent 3-0 Ashes series loss, Johnson is gunning for a recall in the home Tests against England from November 21 in Brisbane, the report added.
Clarke said that if Johnson continued to bowl the way he was, there was no doubt; he would be in contention for a Test spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed