Mitchell Johnson`s ODI performance improves his Test prospects, says Michael Clarke
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke believes Test selectors will find it difficult to ignore Mitchell Johnson from a return in the summer Ashes if he continues to do well in the one-day matches against England.
According to news.com.au, Johnson was again between Australia`s best players in the 88-run ODI win over England in Manchester.
He bowled with great pace and movement to finish with 2-36 from 10 overs, including dismissing Michael Carberry and Jonathan Trott in the space of three balls, the report said.
After being overlooked for the recent 3-0 Ashes series loss, Johnson is gunning for a recall in the home Tests against England from November 21 in Brisbane, the report added.
Clarke said that if Johnson continued to bowl the way he was, there was no doubt; he would be in contention for a Test spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India