Mitchell Johnson`s ODI performance improves his Test prospects, says Michael Clarke
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke believes Test selectors will find it difficult to ignore Mitchell Johnson from a return in the summer Ashes if he continues to do well in the one-day matches against England.
According to news.com.au, Johnson was again between Australia`s best players in the 88-run ODI win over England in Manchester.
He bowled with great pace and movement to finish with 2-36 from 10 overs, including dismissing Michael Carberry and Jonathan Trott in the space of three balls, the report said.
After being overlooked for the recent 3-0 Ashes series loss, Johnson is gunning for a recall in the home Tests against England from November 21 in Brisbane, the report added.
Clarke said that if Johnson continued to bowl the way he was, there was no doubt; he would be in contention for a Test spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam