Monty Panesar hoping to have crack at Aussies in Old Trafford Test
Sydney: Old Trafford specialist Monty Panesar is hoping that the Manchester grounds men are raking the wicket because he feels Australia`s batsmen are vulnerable against the spinning ball, as he took an impressive 3-70 for Sussex in the three-day Australian tour match.
Panesar has been called into England`s 14-man squad for the third Test starting on Thursday and having watched the carnage his slow-bowling colleague Graeme Swann was able to cause in the second Test at Lord`s, he is eager for another shot at Australia this week, imploring England to play the both of them.
The spinner said that the Australian team was a very competitive team and they were going to come back hard, but with spin there was an opportunity.
Panesar`s record at Old Trafford speaks for itself and he has taken 25 wickets in three Tests at the ground, at an average of 16, including a 10-wicket collection for the match against West Indies in 2007 and 6-37 against New Zealand a year a later, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie