Monty Panesar`s ex-wife court order to `keep away` former husband
London: Disgraced England spinner Monty Panesar`s former wife had reportedly been granted a non-molestation order filed by her against the cricketer in a court to keep him away from her.
According to the Mirror, Gursharan Rattan`s legal move emerged as the troubled bowler was sacked by his county Sussex last week after urinating on nightclub bouncers, while in an inebriated condition.
According to the report, Rattan`s request was granted by a judge a few months after Panesar was arrested over allegations of a public flare-up with her outside a pub in 2011.
Although the England bowler was released without charges, Rattan, a pharmacist, however divorced him, saying that she could not reasonably be expected to live with him after his behaviour with her.
Former teetotal Sikh Panesar had recently admitted that he has started drinking since his divorce from his wife last year, with the report adding that Panesar`s poor form and axing from the England national team has also been blamed on the bitter split.
Panesar has joined Essex on loan in a bid to revive his career, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP