Monty Panesar`s ex-wife court order to `keep away` former husband
London: Disgraced England spinner Monty Panesar`s former wife had reportedly been granted a non-molestation order filed by her against the cricketer in a court to keep him away from her.
According to the Mirror, Gursharan Rattan`s legal move emerged as the troubled bowler was sacked by his county Sussex last week after urinating on nightclub bouncers, while in an inebriated condition.
According to the report, Rattan`s request was granted by a judge a few months after Panesar was arrested over allegations of a public flare-up with her outside a pub in 2011.
Although the England bowler was released without charges, Rattan, a pharmacist, however divorced him, saying that she could not reasonably be expected to live with him after his behaviour with her.
Former teetotal Sikh Panesar had recently admitted that he has started drinking since his divorce from his wife last year, with the report adding that Panesar`s poor form and axing from the England national team has also been blamed on the bitter split.
Panesar has joined Essex on loan in a bid to revive his career, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information