Monty Panesar`s ex-wife court order to `keep away` former husband
London: Disgraced England spinner Monty Panesar`s former wife had reportedly been granted a non-molestation order filed by her against the cricketer in a court to keep him away from her.
According to the Mirror, Gursharan Rattan`s legal move emerged as the troubled bowler was sacked by his county Sussex last week after urinating on nightclub bouncers, while in an inebriated condition.
According to the report, Rattan`s request was granted by a judge a few months after Panesar was arrested over allegations of a public flare-up with her outside a pub in 2011.
Although the England bowler was released without charges, Rattan, a pharmacist, however divorced him, saying that she could not reasonably be expected to live with him after his behaviour with her.
Former teetotal Sikh Panesar had recently admitted that he has started drinking since his divorce from his wife last year, with the report adding that Panesar`s poor form and axing from the England national team has also been blamed on the bitter split.
Panesar has joined Essex on loan in a bid to revive his career, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'