Monty Panesar thought England career was over after `urinating` incident
London: England spinner Monty Panesar has admitted that he thought he had destroyed his international career after being fined for urinating on a nightclub doorman, and said that it was not a deliberate act.
According to The Daily Times, the incident occurred two months ago, after Panesar was asked to leave a club in Brighton on the English south coast.
Panesar said that he knew it looked terrible, but he was not as drunk as people believed.
He said that he had a lot to drink but was not paralytic and then after being asked to leave, bouncers started shouting and running after him, adding that he had no intention of purposefully urinating on them or near them and was pretty sure he did not hit them.
Panesar also said that the next morning he woke up and thought to himself what he had done, adding that his first reaction was that he had just thrown his England career away, and maybe even his whole cricket career, being very lonely and depressed.
However, after joining Essex for the remainder of the domestic season, he called the England management to apologise for his behaviour and was rewarded with an international recall, the report said.
Panesar said that he was absolutely thrilled with the selection and it was an incredible boost he needed as a cricketer and as a person, after a chapter in his life he was ashamed of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof