Nic Maddinson eyeing `vacant` No.6 spot in Oz Test batting line-up
Sydney: Young Australian batsman Nic Maddinson is reportedly eyeing the vacant No.6 spot in Australia`s Test line-up, along with every batsman in the country.
The New South Wales (NSW) player, who already averages over 40 in first-class cricket, made his international debut in Australia`s recent Twenty20 game against India, where he opened the batting and smashed 34 off 16 balls
According to News.com.au, Maddinson is aware that there is an opportunity for a batsman in the Test side with the vacant No.6 spot, saying that every batsman in Australia can have a chance to play in the Test team, beginning with the winter Ashes, if they start the domestic Sheffield Shield season well.
Maddinson, who impressed in Australia A`s tour to the UK earlier this year, said that Darren Lehmann, who was one of the coaches on the Australia A tour before he replaced Mickey Arthur as head coach of Australia, had a big influence on his development as a batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj