Nic Maddinson eyeing `vacant` No.6 spot in Oz Test batting line-up
Sydney: Young Australian batsman Nic Maddinson is reportedly eyeing the vacant No.6 spot in Australia`s Test line-up, along with every batsman in the country.
The New South Wales (NSW) player, who already averages over 40 in first-class cricket, made his international debut in Australia`s recent Twenty20 game against India, where he opened the batting and smashed 34 off 16 balls
According to News.com.au, Maddinson is aware that there is an opportunity for a batsman in the Test side with the vacant No.6 spot, saying that every batsman in Australia can have a chance to play in the Test team, beginning with the winter Ashes, if they start the domestic Sheffield Shield season well.
Maddinson, who impressed in Australia A`s tour to the UK earlier this year, said that Darren Lehmann, who was one of the coaches on the Australia A tour before he replaced Mickey Arthur as head coach of Australia, had a big influence on his development as a batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid