Oz media says Watson`s injury was certain due to heavy schedule
Melbourne: The Australian media has said that `The Black Knight` Shane Watson`s injury problems were almost certain because of his heavy work schedule in this year.
The valuable but fragile Australian all-rounder began this year out of the national team with a calf strain suffered during the Boxing Day Test but then played in four different series or tournaments in India since February for four months, until he suffered a minor hamstring strain in Bangalore in the final one-day game of the series.
Telegraph.com.au mentions that Australia`s team balance has been thrown out by Watson`s latest injury heading into the crucial first Test at the Gabba, which makes him unlikely to bowl, adding that his injury issues might have been worsened because of his heavy schedule.
The report further said that Watson was beyond the control of Cricket Australia (CA) for months and blamed the board`s `vague and confusing` player management policy and its allowing the country`s best players to play unfettered in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Watson`s injury issues.
However, the report admitted that the circumstances are hopelessly compromised because of money and politics.
The report said that CA would not dare ban players from the IPL as they make a lot of money in the IPL and fears offending the powerful and `vicious` Board of Control for Cricket in India ( BCCI), which the report added, would happily bankrupt any opposing country`s administration at the `drop of a rupee`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA