Oz media showers praise on Clarke
Sydney: The Australian media has praised captain Michael Clarke for giving the crowd at The Oval something to watch by declaring and putting life into the match.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, it was fitting that Clarke spent the last part of the Ashes in a nervous game, because the series was also carried on in the same way.
The report said that the result of the match was fair because England did not deserve to win after being slow at various stages in the match.
The focus has now shifted to the return Ashes series in Australia that will take place in a few months from now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral