Oz media showers praise on Clarke
Sydney: The Australian media has praised captain Michael Clarke for giving the crowd at The Oval something to watch by declaring and putting life into the match.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, it was fitting that Clarke spent the last part of the Ashes in a nervous game, because the series was also carried on in the same way.
The report said that the result of the match was fair because England did not deserve to win after being slow at various stages in the match.
The focus has now shifted to the return Ashes series in Australia that will take place in a few months from now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre