Pattinson backs Johnson to push for Starc`s place
Sydney: Injured Australian fast bowler James Pattinson has backed his senior teammate Mitchell Johnson to push for Mitchell Starc`s place in the squad for the return Ashes.
Pattinson and Starc are both out of the squad with back injury concerns and Pattinson is using Pilates as his main source of recovery from his second major back problems in as many years.
According to News.com.au, impressed by Johnson`s performance in the recent ODI series in England, Pattinson joined the voices tipping Johnson for a recall in the Ashes, saying that Johnson swung the ball well and bowled it with pace in the ODIs and can push for Starc`s place in the return Ashes series.
The report mentioned that it is yet unclear whether Pattinson will be fit in time for the first Ashes Test as he will have to play domestic cricket before he is even considered for a Test spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons