Pattinson backs Johnson to push for Starc`s place
Sydney: Injured Australian fast bowler James Pattinson has backed his senior teammate Mitchell Johnson to push for Mitchell Starc`s place in the squad for the return Ashes.
Pattinson and Starc are both out of the squad with back injury concerns and Pattinson is using Pilates as his main source of recovery from his second major back problems in as many years.
According to News.com.au, impressed by Johnson`s performance in the recent ODI series in England, Pattinson joined the voices tipping Johnson for a recall in the Ashes, saying that Johnson swung the ball well and bowled it with pace in the ODIs and can push for Starc`s place in the return Ashes series.
The report mentioned that it is yet unclear whether Pattinson will be fit in time for the first Ashes Test as he will have to play domestic cricket before he is even considered for a Test spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral