Pattinson backs Johnson to push for Starc`s place
Sydney: Injured Australian fast bowler James Pattinson has backed his senior teammate Mitchell Johnson to push for Mitchell Starc`s place in the squad for the return Ashes.
Pattinson and Starc are both out of the squad with back injury concerns and Pattinson is using Pilates as his main source of recovery from his second major back problems in as many years.
According to News.com.au, impressed by Johnson`s performance in the recent ODI series in England, Pattinson joined the voices tipping Johnson for a recall in the Ashes, saying that Johnson swung the ball well and bowled it with pace in the ODIs and can push for Starc`s place in the return Ashes series.
The report mentioned that it is yet unclear whether Pattinson will be fit in time for the first Ashes Test as he will have to play domestic cricket before he is even considered for a Test spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore