Pattinson likely to miss return Ashes series due to back injury
Sydney: Australia are fighting to turn the tables and avoid a fourth straight series loss to England, with fast bowler James Pattinson recently conceding he could potentially miss the entire series.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, with Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins gone from the Ashes and Jackson Bird also under a cloud, Australia`s fast bowling stocks are set to be tested even further with Pattinson`s return date up in the air.
When 23-year-old Pattinson broke down after the Lord`s Test in July, officials were hoping he`d recover from the stress fractures in his back in time for the first Test in Brisbane, the report said.
However, Pattinson says that`s out of the question, and the best-case scenario would be a return for the third Test at the WACA in December, the report added.
Having suffered repeated setbacks throughout his career, the boom Victorian says he won`t be taking any risks with a tour of South Africa and a Twenty20 World Cup on the horizon in 2014, the report further said.
Pattinson said that the last thing he wants is that the injury happens again and he does not want to push his body too far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak