Pattinson likely to miss return Ashes series due to back injury
Sydney: Australia are fighting to turn the tables and avoid a fourth straight series loss to England, with fast bowler James Pattinson recently conceding he could potentially miss the entire series.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, with Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins gone from the Ashes and Jackson Bird also under a cloud, Australia`s fast bowling stocks are set to be tested even further with Pattinson`s return date up in the air.
When 23-year-old Pattinson broke down after the Lord`s Test in July, officials were hoping he`d recover from the stress fractures in his back in time for the first Test in Brisbane, the report said.
However, Pattinson says that`s out of the question, and the best-case scenario would be a return for the third Test at the WACA in December, the report added.
Having suffered repeated setbacks throughout his career, the boom Victorian says he won`t be taking any risks with a tour of South Africa and a Twenty20 World Cup on the horizon in 2014, the report further said.
Pattinson said that the last thing he wants is that the injury happens again and he does not want to push his body too far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi