Pattinson likely to miss return Ashes series due to back injury
Sydney: Australia are fighting to turn the tables and avoid a fourth straight series loss to England, with fast bowler James Pattinson recently conceding he could potentially miss the entire series.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, with Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins gone from the Ashes and Jackson Bird also under a cloud, Australia`s fast bowling stocks are set to be tested even further with Pattinson`s return date up in the air.
When 23-year-old Pattinson broke down after the Lord`s Test in July, officials were hoping he`d recover from the stress fractures in his back in time for the first Test in Brisbane, the report said.
However, Pattinson says that`s out of the question, and the best-case scenario would be a return for the third Test at the WACA in December, the report added.
Having suffered repeated setbacks throughout his career, the boom Victorian says he won`t be taking any risks with a tour of South Africa and a Twenty20 World Cup on the horizon in 2014, the report further said.
Pattinson said that the last thing he wants is that the injury happens again and he does not want to push his body too far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa