Pattinson `shattered` with exclusion from Ashes due to injury
Sydney: Australian pace bowler James Pattinson has said that it was shattering to be excluded from the remaining Ashes tour due to an injury and was emotional as he talked about his latest injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the stress fracture on his back would subject him to several months of rehabilitation while the player aims to return for the start of the Sheffield Shield season.
Pattinson said that it was shattering because he had a pretty good lead-in despite leaving India disappointed over things, and had worked hard to achieve good things, adding that it had been ripped away from him now.
It is a measure of the team`s batting woes that Pattinson is leading Australia`s batting averages, having held out until the end at both Trent Bridge and Lord`s, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming