Pattinson `shattered` with exclusion from Ashes due to injury
Sydney: Australian pace bowler James Pattinson has said that it was shattering to be excluded from the remaining Ashes tour due to an injury and was emotional as he talked about his latest injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the stress fracture on his back would subject him to several months of rehabilitation while the player aims to return for the start of the Sheffield Shield season.
Pattinson said that it was shattering because he had a pretty good lead-in despite leaving India disappointed over things, and had worked hard to achieve good things, adding that it had been ripped away from him now.
It is a measure of the team`s batting woes that Pattinson is leading Australia`s batting averages, having held out until the end at both Trent Bridge and Lord`s, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year