Pattinson `shattered` with exclusion from Ashes due to injury
Sydney: Australian pace bowler James Pattinson has said that it was shattering to be excluded from the remaining Ashes tour due to an injury and was emotional as he talked about his latest injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the stress fracture on his back would subject him to several months of rehabilitation while the player aims to return for the start of the Sheffield Shield season.
Pattinson said that it was shattering because he had a pretty good lead-in despite leaving India disappointed over things, and had worked hard to achieve good things, adding that it had been ripped away from him now.
It is a measure of the team`s batting woes that Pattinson is leading Australia`s batting averages, having held out until the end at both Trent Bridge and Lord`s, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media