Pattinson `shattered` with exclusion from Ashes due to injury
Sydney: Australian pace bowler James Pattinson has said that it was shattering to be excluded from the remaining Ashes tour due to an injury and was emotional as he talked about his latest injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the stress fracture on his back would subject him to several months of rehabilitation while the player aims to return for the start of the Sheffield Shield season.
Pattinson said that it was shattering because he had a pretty good lead-in despite leaving India disappointed over things, and had worked hard to achieve good things, adding that it had been ripped away from him now.
It is a measure of the team`s batting woes that Pattinson is leading Australia`s batting averages, having held out until the end at both Trent Bridge and Lord`s, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn
- Axis Bank raises Rs 2,430 cr from debentures
- 'GDP growth rate to be lower than CSO's forecast of 7.6% in FY16'