Pattinson `shattered` with exclusion from Ashes due to injury
Sydney: Australian pace bowler James Pattinson has said that it was shattering to be excluded from the remaining Ashes tour due to an injury and was emotional as he talked about his latest injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the stress fracture on his back would subject him to several months of rehabilitation while the player aims to return for the start of the Sheffield Shield season.
Pattinson said that it was shattering because he had a pretty good lead-in despite leaving India disappointed over things, and had worked hard to achieve good things, adding that it had been ripped away from him now.
It is a measure of the team`s batting woes that Pattinson is leading Australia`s batting averages, having held out until the end at both Trent Bridge and Lord`s, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees