Pietersen fears `problematic` knee might not hold up in winter Ashes
London: Star England batsman Kevin Pietersen has said he fears that his knee problem might flare up again during the winter Ashes series, starting at Brisbane from November 21.
Although Pietersen has been working his way back to full fitness since returning home injured from the tour of New Zealand in February, he was denied any time in the middle in Hobart as the entire second day of the warm-up match against Australia A was wiped out by rain.
According to the Daily Star, Pietersen is aware that he has to be careful not to aggravate his knee problem again if he wants to feature in all five Ashes Tests in Australia, adding that he would continuing with the rehabilitation as he does not want to break down during the series.
Pietersen further said he believes that England has a great chance of making history and winning a fourth Ashes series on the bounce for the first time since the late 19th century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?