Root says England taking `nothing for granted` in preparing for Ashes challenge
Sydney: England opening batsman Joe Root has said that his team would take nothing for granted after winning the previous Ashes series as this would be a completely different series according to him.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Root pointed out that England wants to come into the series working hard and respecting the opposition, adding that Australia is a good side and they would have to play well to win the series.
Root was the driving force behind England`s comfortable win in the Second Test at Lord`s, smashing 180 runs in the second innings, the report said.
Root also said that his team`s top order needs to improve on how they scored this summer and that everyone was going to take that on as a massive challenge, making sure they are doing everything they can to improve on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected