Root says England taking `nothing for granted` in preparing for Ashes challenge
Sydney: England opening batsman Joe Root has said that his team would take nothing for granted after winning the previous Ashes series as this would be a completely different series according to him.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Root pointed out that England wants to come into the series working hard and respecting the opposition, adding that Australia is a good side and they would have to play well to win the series.
Root was the driving force behind England`s comfortable win in the Second Test at Lord`s, smashing 180 runs in the second innings, the report said.
Root also said that his team`s top order needs to improve on how they scored this summer and that everyone was going to take that on as a massive challenge, making sure they are doing everything they can to improve on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today