Root says England taking `nothing for granted` in preparing for Ashes challenge
Sydney: England opening batsman Joe Root has said that his team would take nothing for granted after winning the previous Ashes series as this would be a completely different series according to him.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Root pointed out that England wants to come into the series working hard and respecting the opposition, adding that Australia is a good side and they would have to play well to win the series.
Root was the driving force behind England`s comfortable win in the Second Test at Lord`s, smashing 180 runs in the second innings, the report said.
Root also said that his team`s top order needs to improve on how they scored this summer and that everyone was going to take that on as a massive challenge, making sure they are doing everything they can to improve on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics