Root says England taking `nothing for granted` in preparing for Ashes challenge
Sydney: England opening batsman Joe Root has said that his team would take nothing for granted after winning the previous Ashes series as this would be a completely different series according to him.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Root pointed out that England wants to come into the series working hard and respecting the opposition, adding that Australia is a good side and they would have to play well to win the series.
Root was the driving force behind England`s comfortable win in the Second Test at Lord`s, smashing 180 runs in the second innings, the report said.
Root also said that his team`s top order needs to improve on how they scored this summer and that everyone was going to take that on as a massive challenge, making sure they are doing everything they can to improve on that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America