SCG redevelopment not 100% completed for Ashes
Sydney: The Sydney Cricket Ground`s renovation of the Bradman and Noble stands will not be completed in time for January`s fifth Ashes Test, the ground`s operators said on Monday.
The SCG and Sports Ground Trust said fans and ground members could expect some temporary facilities in place at the SCG for the final Ashes Test, beginning on January 3.
"While practical completion for the new stands is expected early in 2014, we are working towards opening the majority of facilities for day one of the Test Match," the Trust said in an update on the AUD 186 million (USD 176 million) redevelopment.
All the seating is expected to be in place for the Test beneath the new roof enclosure, a ground spokesman said.
The opening match in the five-Test series gets underway at Brisbane`s Gabba ground on November 21 with England bidding for their fourth straight Ashes victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?