SCG redevelopment not 100% completed for Ashes
Sydney: The Sydney Cricket Ground`s renovation of the Bradman and Noble stands will not be completed in time for January`s fifth Ashes Test, the ground`s operators said on Monday.
The SCG and Sports Ground Trust said fans and ground members could expect some temporary facilities in place at the SCG for the final Ashes Test, beginning on January 3.
"While practical completion for the new stands is expected early in 2014, we are working towards opening the majority of facilities for day one of the Test Match," the Trust said in an update on the AUD 186 million (USD 176 million) redevelopment.
All the seating is expected to be in place for the Test beneath the new roof enclosure, a ground spokesman said.
The opening match in the five-Test series gets underway at Brisbane`s Gabba ground on November 21 with England bidding for their fourth straight Ashes victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur