SCG redevelopment not 100% completed for Ashes
Sydney: The Sydney Cricket Ground`s renovation of the Bradman and Noble stands will not be completed in time for January`s fifth Ashes Test, the ground`s operators said on Monday.
The SCG and Sports Ground Trust said fans and ground members could expect some temporary facilities in place at the SCG for the final Ashes Test, beginning on January 3.
"While practical completion for the new stands is expected early in 2014, we are working towards opening the majority of facilities for day one of the Test Match," the Trust said in an update on the AUD 186 million (USD 176 million) redevelopment.
All the seating is expected to be in place for the Test beneath the new roof enclosure, a ground spokesman said.
The opening match in the five-Test series gets underway at Brisbane`s Gabba ground on November 21 with England bidding for their fourth straight Ashes victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco