Starc says Bell `the one` that `really` got away from Oz`s `clutches`
Melbourne: Injured Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc has admitted that England batsman Ian Bell was the one player who `really got away` from Australia`s clutches during the summer Ashes.
At the start of the Ashes series in England, Bell was the least of the Australians` concerns, but after dominating the scoring in the five- Test series, he comes into the winter series as one of the home side`s main threats.
According to The Age, Starc described Bell`s heroics with the bat as the difference between the two teams, saying that although Australia did not write any of the English players, but Bell was the one who really got away from them, adding that his team did not expect Bell to perform the way he did.
Hailing Bell for performing very well and almost winning the summer series for England, Starc further said that they will have to work overtime on the batsman before this coming series and come up with some good plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore