Starc says Bell `the one` that `really` got away from Oz`s `clutches`
Melbourne: Injured Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc has admitted that England batsman Ian Bell was the one player who `really got away` from Australia`s clutches during the summer Ashes.
At the start of the Ashes series in England, Bell was the least of the Australians` concerns, but after dominating the scoring in the five- Test series, he comes into the winter series as one of the home side`s main threats.
According to The Age, Starc described Bell`s heroics with the bat as the difference between the two teams, saying that although Australia did not write any of the English players, but Bell was the one who really got away from them, adding that his team did not expect Bell to perform the way he did.
Hailing Bell for performing very well and almost winning the summer series for England, Starc further said that they will have to work overtime on the batsman before this coming series and come up with some good plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Bangladesh PM Hasina accuses BNP of being behind 2014 grenade attack
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi