Steve Finn backs England to `rise in key moments` during Ashes series
Sydney: England pace bowler Steven Finn has said that his side`s ability to overcome adversity and deal with pressure was the difference between them and Australia during the earlier Ashes series.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the 3-0 series win to England may not have been a true reflection of how close Australia came in the five-Test series in the UK, but England`s ability to swing momentum in their favour during pivotal moments of a match proved costly for Michael Clarke`s men.
Finn said that Australia actually played some good cricket in the summer, adding that they put England under pressure, but they dealt with it pretty well.
He added that if they can deal with it again, there is no reason why England cannot win again.
Finn also suggested England were confident Matt Prior would be fit to line up in Brisbane on November 21, but if he`s ruled out, reserve wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow will take over the glove work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!