Strauss says `divided` Aussie side could struggle against England in Old Trafford Test
Sydney: England`s last Ashes-winning captain Andrew Strauss has expressed his surprise over the split up of the Australian squad during the past week and said that the side could only be galvanized if everyone was together.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Strauss, comparing Australia`s predicament to that of the England touring party that lost 5-0 in 2006-07, argued it was a time for Michael Clarke`s men to pull together, saying they could use the Lord`s defeat as a `watershed` moment or `unravel completely`.
Australia may be thinking about bringing Jackson Bird in the bowling line-up along with bringing Nathan Lyon back and David Warner could also find a place in the side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!