Strauss says `divided` Aussie side could struggle against England in Old Trafford Test
Sydney: England`s last Ashes-winning captain Andrew Strauss has expressed his surprise over the split up of the Australian squad during the past week and said that the side could only be galvanized if everyone was together.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Strauss, comparing Australia`s predicament to that of the England touring party that lost 5-0 in 2006-07, argued it was a time for Michael Clarke`s men to pull together, saying they could use the Lord`s defeat as a `watershed` moment or `unravel completely`.
Australia may be thinking about bringing Jackson Bird in the bowling line-up along with bringing Nathan Lyon back and David Warner could also find a place in the side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM