Strauss says `divided` Aussie side could struggle against England in Old Trafford Test
Sydney: England`s last Ashes-winning captain Andrew Strauss has expressed his surprise over the split up of the Australian squad during the past week and said that the side could only be galvanized if everyone was together.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Strauss, comparing Australia`s predicament to that of the England touring party that lost 5-0 in 2006-07, argued it was a time for Michael Clarke`s men to pull together, saying they could use the Lord`s defeat as a `watershed` moment or `unravel completely`.
Australia may be thinking about bringing Jackson Bird in the bowling line-up along with bringing Nathan Lyon back and David Warner could also find a place in the side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder