Stuart Broad accepts Darren Lehmann’s apology
London: Stuart Broad said he had accepted an apology from Darren Lehmann following the Australia coach`s scathing attack on the England bowler during the Ashes series.
Lehmann, speaking in a radio interview last week, accused Broad of "blatant cheating" following the pace bowler`s decision not to walk after edging a catch at Trent Bridge.
Broad told his Twitter followers: "Spoke to Darren Lehmann last (Sunday) night. He apologised for his comments, I accepted it. He said they were made in Jest for banter. Done."
Lehmann, whose team were beaten 3-0 by England over the five-Test series, also called on the Australian public to make life so difficult for Broad during the Ashes rematch in Australia later this year that he will want to cry and go home.
The comments earned Lehmann a fine of 20 percent of his match fee from the fifth and final Ashes Test at The Oval, which ended in a draw on Sunday.
Former Australia batsman Lehmann, who took over as coach at the start of the series following Mickey Arthur`s acrimonious departure, confirmed Monday he`d spoken to Broad to draw a line under the incident and will look to make sure he chooses his words better in future.
"I`ve had a chat with him already. We just move on," Lehmann said.
"It was a good learning curve for a new coach, wasn`t it? You know, it was a jovial setting but you`ve got to learn from that. I`ve got to learn and improve from that.
"The players aren`t on their own in trying to improve. Coaches have got to improve so that`s something I`ve got to get better at."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand