Stuart Broad accepts Darren Lehmann’s apology
London: Stuart Broad said he had accepted an apology from Darren Lehmann following the Australia coach`s scathing attack on the England bowler during the Ashes series.
Lehmann, speaking in a radio interview last week, accused Broad of "blatant cheating" following the pace bowler`s decision not to walk after edging a catch at Trent Bridge.
Broad told his Twitter followers: "Spoke to Darren Lehmann last (Sunday) night. He apologised for his comments, I accepted it. He said they were made in Jest for banter. Done."
Lehmann, whose team were beaten 3-0 by England over the five-Test series, also called on the Australian public to make life so difficult for Broad during the Ashes rematch in Australia later this year that he will want to cry and go home.
The comments earned Lehmann a fine of 20 percent of his match fee from the fifth and final Ashes Test at The Oval, which ended in a draw on Sunday.
Former Australia batsman Lehmann, who took over as coach at the start of the series following Mickey Arthur`s acrimonious departure, confirmed Monday he`d spoken to Broad to draw a line under the incident and will look to make sure he chooses his words better in future.
"I`ve had a chat with him already. We just move on," Lehmann said.
"It was a good learning curve for a new coach, wasn`t it? You know, it was a jovial setting but you`ve got to learn from that. I`ve got to learn and improve from that.
"The players aren`t on their own in trying to improve. Coaches have got to improve so that`s something I`ve got to get better at."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed