Taylor asks Hughes, Khawaja to look up to Hayden for `inspiration`
Sydney: Former Australian captain Mark Taylor has said that the batting pair of Phil Hughes and Usman Khawaja should be looking at Matthew Hayden`s career transformation from limited shot-maker to awesome run machine as inspiration.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, both Hughes and Khawaja lost the confidence of selectors in England this year, left out of the fifth Test at The Oval, with bowling all-rounder James Faulkner preferred for a Test debut.
It would appear both are back in the queue leading into the Ashes opener in Brisbane on November 21, the report said.
Taylor said that Hayden was not a good player of spin bowling but he went away and decided that he was going to play spin bowling in a certain way, adding that it was what Hughes and Khawaja have to do.
Khawaja is an excellent player of fast bowling but was found out by England spinner Graeme Swann in Britain, the report added.
Hughes has been unlucky in the sense he has been moved up and down the order and has not been able to find a home, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa