The Ashes: Botham backs England to whitewash Oz
London: Former England skipper Ian Botham has said that he is backing England to whitewash Australia for the first time ever in the Ashes this winter.
According to the Mirror, the former skipper believes the host`s lengthy list of injuries will make it easier than ever for England to wipe the floor with their fiercest rivals.
Australian skipper Michael Clarke, struggling with fitness himself, will be without a string of first choice bowlers including Victoria`s explosive paceman James Pattinson, left arm quickie Mitchell Starc and Tasmanian Jackson Bird when the first Test begins in at the Gabba in Brisbane on November 21, the report said.
Botham said that the Australians were not better than the recent score line suggested and they were rebuilding but they were still struggling with a lot of injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today