The Ashes: Haddin accuses umpires of cracking under pressure
Sydney: Australian vice-captain Brad Haddin has strongly criticised the umpiring during the current Ashes series and said that some umpires cracked under pressure.
According to news.com.au, Haddin expressed that England deserved to be in the position they are in at 3-0 but the standard of umpiring in the series was something that needed to be looked at.
Haddin was visibly angry when given out LBW by umpire Tony Hill during Australia`s calamitous second innings of the fourth Test, the report said.
Haddin also believes that, with the DRS process displayed on screens at the ground, the crowd can also have an impact on the umpires and he wants the DRS to be taken out of players` hands, with umpires have the sole right to refer close decisions, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?