The Ashes: Pat Cummins injured, return doubtful
Melbourne: Australian pace bowler Pat Cummins is doubtful for the home Ashes series following a recurrence of his troublesome back complaint, which was confirmed when he returned home early from Australia A`s tour of South Africa.
According to The Age, Cricket Australia Chief Medical Officer Justin Paoloni expressed that scans on Cummin`s back had shown a partial recurrence of his lower back bone stress injury suffered in October.
It is a worrying sign for the upcoming 20-year-old fast bowler, who has missed the last two domestic summers with back and foot injuries, the report said.
Cummins hasn`t played for Australia since his remarkable Test debut in 2011, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Conduct forensic test on Narada sting tapes, orders Calcutta HC
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi acquitted in Radhakrishnan assault case
- 'Russian Doll' galaxy cluster decodes information about dark energy
- New Facebook, Messenger and Instagram apps launched for Windows 10