The Ashes: Warne calls England players `crass and arrogant` for urinating on Oval pitch
Sydney: Former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne has criticised England players for their urinating antics and called the behaviour crass and arrogant.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, while players are certainly expected to celebrate victory, the incident threatens to take the shine off England`s achievement in winning three successive Ashes series.
Warne said that it was best to celebrate within the confines of the dressing room and to go and disrespect something as ancient as the Oval pitch in such a manner was crass and arrogant.
An investigation has been launched and Surrey are likely to demand an apology from the ECB for the incident which happened just before midnight on Sunday as the players celebrated their Ashes success, the report said.
The incident came to light because journalists from Australia were still present at the ground, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room