The Ashes: Warne calls England players `crass and arrogant` for urinating on Oval pitch
Sydney: Former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne has criticised England players for their urinating antics and called the behaviour crass and arrogant.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, while players are certainly expected to celebrate victory, the incident threatens to take the shine off England`s achievement in winning three successive Ashes series.
Warne said that it was best to celebrate within the confines of the dressing room and to go and disrespect something as ancient as the Oval pitch in such a manner was crass and arrogant.
An investigation has been launched and Surrey are likely to demand an apology from the ECB for the incident which happened just before midnight on Sunday as the players celebrated their Ashes success, the report said.
The incident came to light because journalists from Australia were still present at the ground, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'
- Did you know Avika Gor also took Cannes Film Festival by storm this year! - Pics inside
- Vijay Mallya's India woes now troubling his US beer firm