The Ashes: Warne calls England players `crass and arrogant` for urinating on Oval pitch
Sydney: Former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne has criticised England players for their urinating antics and called the behaviour crass and arrogant.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, while players are certainly expected to celebrate victory, the incident threatens to take the shine off England`s achievement in winning three successive Ashes series.
Warne said that it was best to celebrate within the confines of the dressing room and to go and disrespect something as ancient as the Oval pitch in such a manner was crass and arrogant.
An investigation has been launched and Surrey are likely to demand an apology from the ECB for the incident which happened just before midnight on Sunday as the players celebrated their Ashes success, the report said.
The incident came to light because journalists from Australia were still present at the ground, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read