The Ashes: Warne calls England players `crass and arrogant` for urinating on Oval pitch
Sydney: Former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne has criticised England players for their urinating antics and called the behaviour crass and arrogant.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, while players are certainly expected to celebrate victory, the incident threatens to take the shine off England`s achievement in winning three successive Ashes series.
Warne said that it was best to celebrate within the confines of the dressing room and to go and disrespect something as ancient as the Oval pitch in such a manner was crass and arrogant.
An investigation has been launched and Surrey are likely to demand an apology from the ECB for the incident which happened just before midnight on Sunday as the players celebrated their Ashes success, the report said.
The incident came to light because journalists from Australia were still present at the ground, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested