Trott says Lehmann has `little to shout` following Oz coach`s `dour England` comments
London: England batsman Jonathan Trott has dismissed Australian coach Darren Lehmann`s criticism of England cricket and said that Lehmann has little to `shout` following his team`s 3-0 drubbing in the summer Ashes series.
Lehmann has dubbed English cricket as `dour` following Australia`s Ashes loss in the summer and also claimed that his team had `made inroads` into Trott`s mind ahead of the return series in Australia, which starts in Brisbane on 21 November.
According to the BBC, Trott said that he would rather play in a `dour` side and thrash Australia 3-0 in their own home ground rather than losing the Ashes series, hinting that it does not look well for Australia to show over-confidence and make such comments following their 3-0 drubbing.
Stating that England goes about their cricket a little bit differently than their arch-rivals, Trott contrasted Lehmann`s manner with the more reticent style of England team director Andy Flower, and denied that Australia had found a method to get him and pledged to improve on his return when the series resume at the Gabba next month.
The Warwickshire right-hander also made a passionate defence of the right of South Africa-born players such as himself to play for England following Arsenal footballer Jack Wilshere `s divisive statement that only home-grown players should be eligible for the national side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof