Warne says Cook`s `negative captaincy` could cost England record Ashes win
London: Former Australian spinner Shane Warne has said that he thinks Alastair Cook`s negative captaincy will be the main reason why England will fail to record a fourth successive Ashes victory.
According to The Independent, Warne was a regular critic of Cook`s style of captaincy throughout the summer series, which England won 3-0 on home soil.
He added that if Australia plays well, and Cook continues to captain the way he does, then, England will lose the series.
He further said that Clarke was the best captain in the world at the moment, as he had a lot of imagination, evidenced by the fields he comes up with to Jonathan Trott or Cook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state