Warne says Cook`s `negative captaincy` could cost England record Ashes win
London: Former Australian spinner Shane Warne has said that he thinks Alastair Cook`s negative captaincy will be the main reason why England will fail to record a fourth successive Ashes victory.
According to The Independent, Warne was a regular critic of Cook`s style of captaincy throughout the summer series, which England won 3-0 on home soil.
He added that if Australia plays well, and Cook continues to captain the way he does, then, England will lose the series.
He further said that Clarke was the best captain in the world at the moment, as he had a lot of imagination, evidenced by the fields he comes up with to Jonathan Trott or Cook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men