Warne says Cook`s `negative captaincy` could cost England record Ashes win
London: Former Australian spinner Shane Warne has said that he thinks Alastair Cook`s negative captaincy will be the main reason why England will fail to record a fourth successive Ashes victory.
According to The Independent, Warne was a regular critic of Cook`s style of captaincy throughout the summer series, which England won 3-0 on home soil.
He added that if Australia plays well, and Cook continues to captain the way he does, then, England will lose the series.
He further said that Clarke was the best captain in the world at the moment, as he had a lot of imagination, evidenced by the fields he comes up with to Jonathan Trott or Cook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outside powers seem to be equating with legitimate Afghanistan govt: Ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead