Warner close to sealing Ashes berth following another ton
Melbourne: Australian batsman David Warner has almost sealed his berth for the winter Ashes series after he scored a commanding century in a Sheffield Shield match at the MCG, just two weeks ahead of the first Ashes Test at Brisbane.
Warner, who made just one half- century in three Tests of his controversial winter tour to England, has continued his stellar domestic form with a blistering 104 at better than a run a ball on day two of New South Wales` clash against Victoria.
According to the Courier Mail, with his ton, Warner steered his side NSW to a dominant 3-163 shortly after lunch on day two, chasing Victoria`s first-innings score of 236.
The report mentioned that the 84-ball knock of Warner, who shared a 104-run stand with national captain Michael Clarke , included 15 boundaries to all quadrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened