Warner close to sealing Ashes berth following another ton
Melbourne: Australian batsman David Warner has almost sealed his berth for the winter Ashes series after he scored a commanding century in a Sheffield Shield match at the MCG, just two weeks ahead of the first Ashes Test at Brisbane.
Warner, who made just one half- century in three Tests of his controversial winter tour to England, has continued his stellar domestic form with a blistering 104 at better than a run a ball on day two of New South Wales` clash against Victoria.
According to the Courier Mail, with his ton, Warner steered his side NSW to a dominant 3-163 shortly after lunch on day two, chasing Victoria`s first-innings score of 236.
The report mentioned that the 84-ball knock of Warner, who shared a 104-run stand with national captain Michael Clarke , included 15 boundaries to all quadrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic