Warner close to sealing Ashes berth following another ton
Melbourne: Australian batsman David Warner has almost sealed his berth for the winter Ashes series after he scored a commanding century in a Sheffield Shield match at the MCG, just two weeks ahead of the first Ashes Test at Brisbane.
Warner, who made just one half- century in three Tests of his controversial winter tour to England, has continued his stellar domestic form with a blistering 104 at better than a run a ball on day two of New South Wales` clash against Victoria.
According to the Courier Mail, with his ton, Warner steered his side NSW to a dominant 3-163 shortly after lunch on day two, chasing Victoria`s first-innings score of 236.
The report mentioned that the 84-ball knock of Warner, who shared a 104-run stand with national captain Michael Clarke , included 15 boundaries to all quadrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends