Warner close to sealing Ashes berth following another ton
Melbourne: Australian batsman David Warner has almost sealed his berth for the winter Ashes series after he scored a commanding century in a Sheffield Shield match at the MCG, just two weeks ahead of the first Ashes Test at Brisbane.
Warner, who made just one half- century in three Tests of his controversial winter tour to England, has continued his stellar domestic form with a blistering 104 at better than a run a ball on day two of New South Wales` clash against Victoria.
According to the Courier Mail, with his ton, Warner steered his side NSW to a dominant 3-163 shortly after lunch on day two, chasing Victoria`s first-innings score of 236.
The report mentioned that the 84-ball knock of Warner, who shared a 104-run stand with national captain Michael Clarke , included 15 boundaries to all quadrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical