Warner`s brother launches Twitter offensive against Watson
Sydney: Australian player David Warner has been put into another controversy after his brother Steven reportedly abused Shane Watson on his Twitter account.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Steve Warner called Watson a pretender along with the abuse and tweeted minutes after Watson unsuccessfully reviewed his leg before wicket dismissal in Australia`s first innings.
David Warner issued a statement through his management to clearly distance himself from his brother`s comments and said that he did not endorse his brother`s comments, the report said.
Shane Watson had been at the centre of claims by sacked coach Mickey Arthur in his wrongly dismissal dispute with Cricket Australia, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion