Warner`s brother launches Twitter offensive against Watson
Sydney: Australian player David Warner has been put into another controversy after his brother Steven reportedly abused Shane Watson on his Twitter account.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Steve Warner called Watson a pretender along with the abuse and tweeted minutes after Watson unsuccessfully reviewed his leg before wicket dismissal in Australia`s first innings.
David Warner issued a statement through his management to clearly distance himself from his brother`s comments and said that he did not endorse his brother`s comments, the report said.
Shane Watson had been at the centre of claims by sacked coach Mickey Arthur in his wrongly dismissal dispute with Cricket Australia, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court