Warner`s brother launches Twitter offensive against Watson
Sydney: Australian player David Warner has been put into another controversy after his brother Steven reportedly abused Shane Watson on his Twitter account.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Steve Warner called Watson a pretender along with the abuse and tweeted minutes after Watson unsuccessfully reviewed his leg before wicket dismissal in Australia`s first innings.
David Warner issued a statement through his management to clearly distance himself from his brother`s comments and said that he did not endorse his brother`s comments, the report said.
Shane Watson had been at the centre of claims by sacked coach Mickey Arthur in his wrongly dismissal dispute with Cricket Australia, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’