Warner, Starc to return home from England tour
Melbourne: Opening batsman David Warner has been omitted from the Australian squad for the One-Day International (ODI) series against England and Scotland while pacer Mitchell Starc will also return home with some lower back soreness.
Australia play an ODI against Scotland Sep 3 and five ODIs against England Sep 6-16.
Commenting on Warner’s omission, selector and coach Darren Lehmann said: “David has been left out of the squad purely due to his recent lack of form in this format. David would acknowledge that unfortunately he hasn’t scored the weight of runs that he would like recently in ODIs. It was a tough decision but he understands the situation. I spoke with David at length about what he needs to do and I’ve been impressed with his attitude.”
On Starc, Australia`s team doctor Peter Brukner said: “Mitch reported some lower back pain in recent days so we have decided it’s best for him to return for further assessment and investigation.”
The final Australian squad of 15 for the ODIs is: Michael Clarke (Captain), George Bailey (Vice-Captain), Fawad Ahmed, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Matthew Wade, Shane Watson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on