Warner, Starc to return home from England tour
Melbourne: Opening batsman David Warner has been omitted from the Australian squad for the One-Day International (ODI) series against England and Scotland while pacer Mitchell Starc will also return home with some lower back soreness.
Australia play an ODI against Scotland Sep 3 and five ODIs against England Sep 6-16.
Commenting on Warner’s omission, selector and coach Darren Lehmann said: “David has been left out of the squad purely due to his recent lack of form in this format. David would acknowledge that unfortunately he hasn’t scored the weight of runs that he would like recently in ODIs. It was a tough decision but he understands the situation. I spoke with David at length about what he needs to do and I’ve been impressed with his attitude.”
On Starc, Australia`s team doctor Peter Brukner said: “Mitch reported some lower back pain in recent days so we have decided it’s best for him to return for further assessment and investigation.”
The final Australian squad of 15 for the ODIs is: Michael Clarke (Captain), George Bailey (Vice-Captain), Fawad Ahmed, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Matthew Wade, Shane Watson.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living