Watson praises Finch after performances against England, India
Sydney: Australian batsman Shane Watson has praised his teammate Aaron Finch and said that the environment has really got the best out of him so far, and he has been amazing since he has come in the team.
According to News.com.au, teammate Watson also pointed out that the step up in quality has been behind the feisty right-hander`s rise in form this year.
Watson said that even in England, when Finch first came in and played the Twenty20 , he got 150-odd runs, adding that it was exciting to watch, to be able to see someone hit the ball as clean as he does.
Finch`s aggressive style has some dreaming of a day when he could team up with the equally devastating David Warner to form one of Test cricket`s most powerful opening combinations, the report said.
However, the right-handed batsman himself was humble in response and said that both him and Phil Hughes were disappointed that they could not go for a match-winning opening partnership in the last ODI game against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report