Watson praises Finch after performances against England, India
Sydney: Australian batsman Shane Watson has praised his teammate Aaron Finch and said that the environment has really got the best out of him so far, and he has been amazing since he has come in the team.
According to News.com.au, teammate Watson also pointed out that the step up in quality has been behind the feisty right-hander`s rise in form this year.
Watson said that even in England, when Finch first came in and played the Twenty20 , he got 150-odd runs, adding that it was exciting to watch, to be able to see someone hit the ball as clean as he does.
Finch`s aggressive style has some dreaming of a day when he could team up with the equally devastating David Warner to form one of Test cricket`s most powerful opening combinations, the report said.
However, the right-handed batsman himself was humble in response and said that both him and Phil Hughes were disappointed that they could not go for a match-winning opening partnership in the last ODI game against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city